ace-dev mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <t...@okidokiteam.com>
Subject Re: [Getting started] Is it mandatory to provide symbolic-name and version when creating an ArtifactData?
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:20:55 GMT
On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Filippo
Diotalevi<filippo.diotalevi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm trying to write a simple shell interface to ace, to learn how it
> works. The idea is to write a few commands to create a new version,
> add some bundles, and publish the version.
>
> One thing I noticed is that there is an ArtifactDataImpl constructor
> that does not require symbolicName and version, so I just used it
> hoping that they were determined examining the jar... but in the
> gateway side it does not work: the artifact is retrieved, but a "No
> resource processor for artifact..." exception is raised.
>
> On the contrary, if I specify, on the deployment provider side, also
> the symbolic name and version of the bundle, it works just fine.
>
> Why is that? Is it some limitation of the specification? (maybe
> because the artifact can be something different from a bundle?)

Don't know the exact classes you are speaking of (or at least don't
know better than you) but:
Yes, DeploymentPackage Artifacts can be Bundles or Resources.
Resources can have Resource Processors.
Also, Resources can be anything. Configfiles, Binaries etc.
Just as a short pointer. Don't have looked the the classes you
mentioned closer so far.

--
Toni Menzel
Independent Software Developer