ace-dev mailing list archives

From Filippo Diotalevi <filippo.diotal...@gmail.com>
Subject [Getting started] Is it mandatory to provide symbolic-name and version when creating an ArtifactData?
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:13:14 GMT
Hi,
  I'm trying to write a simple shell interface to ace, to learn how it
works. The idea is to write a few commands to create a new version,
add some bundles, and publish the version.

One thing I noticed is that there is an ArtifactDataImpl constructor
that does not require symbolicName and version, so I just used it
hoping that they were determined examining the jar... but in the
gateway side it does not work: the artifact is retrieved, but a "No
resource processor for artifact..." exception is raised.

On the contrary, if I specify, on the deployment provider side, also
the symbolic name and version of the bundle, it works just fine.

Why is that? Is it some limitation of the specification? (maybe
because the artifact can be something different from a bundle?)

--
Filippo Diotalevi