ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Building and running ACE...
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 23:01:35 GMT
I just finished working on finishing ACE-19, renaming all packages
from net.luminis.liq.* to org.apache.ace.* and related references. Now
that everything builds and passes the tests again (running "ant
release") the next step will be to actually try and create something
that can be used.

I would like to propose we work towards a useable version (and then a
release) in two steps:

1) Create a version of the server that works a bit like the Apache
Felix file installer, but on a server: you can create folders for each
target you want to deploy to, with subfolders for every version
holding files (bundles, etc.) for that version. As long as you only
have a few targets, versions and bundles, it's still possible to
manage deployments like this.

2) Create a UI for the client (probably a web based UI is a good
choice) and create a version of the server that can be managed with
that client. The UI handles all situations where you have a lot of
targets, versions and/or bundles.

WDYT?

Greetings, Marcel