ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Exporting to Maven and versioning bundles...
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 22:42:44 GMT
Toni, in ACE-19 you commented on a versioning scheme to use for
exporting to Maven. Also, you proposed a patch in ACE-18 to add that
to the build.

To communicate to Maven that we indeed deploy snapshots, we can append
the standard "-SNAPSHOT" suffix.

Outside of Maven, I guess the only officially released things are
versions of ACE we release. For that I would say that while we work
towards 1.0.0, we can call our bundle versions 1.0.0 and bump those
versions after a succesful release (or after we actually changed
something in a bundle after a release).

To be honest, I guess we still need to make some decisions on how to
actually do this. I would like to somehow use the work done by Premek
Brada and some of his students (check out his presentation at the OSGi
DevCon '09 in Z├╝rich).

Greetings, Marcel