ace-dev mailing list archives

From Bram de Kruijff <Bram.deKrui...@gxwebmanager.com>
Subject RE: trunk code arrival and changes/patches
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2009 20:31:27 GMT

Loving Git concepts but not actually using it yet in real life. Are there any
plans in the Apache community on migrating? It seems there is a proper
svn bridge too.

> > Maven Support: Its currently a 5/6 line addition to build.xml pushing
> > the bundles from deploy/bundles to local maven incl. minimal pom.
> > Its suprisingly simple, builds are blazing fast (ant, local dependency
> > resolution), so practically i would be find with keeping the ant based
> > build.
> > You really "forget" how fast and simple builds can be after years of
> > maven ;)
>
> Maven support sounds great, Toni!

Loving maven too but not religious about it and when it comes to faster builds
your are probably right.. although I think the diff is marginal considering most
is going into code checking and java doc generation anyway.

The simple tweak to support deployment sound nice. Truely mavenizing
this codebase would involve some work and IMHO it doesn't make sense
to maintain two build frameworks. You can wrap both ways so I guess it
should go either way based on consensus.

> > On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Bram de Kruijff
> > <Bram.deKruijff@gxwebmanager.com> wrote:
> >> +1 for getting it in SVN! I had a look at the zip files but was
> >> also hesitant to start spamming the list/jira before we have a
> >> common codebase. I'd like to help out, so let me know if there is
> >> something I can do to help speed up the process.
>
> Nothing but pinging us right now! :)

/ping ace
/me hitting snooze
/away