ace-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: trunk code arrival and changes/patches
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:36:44 GMT
On Jun 3, 2009, at 13:31 , Bram de Kruijff wrote:

>>> Maven Support: Its currently a 5/6 line addition to build.xml
>>> pushing
>>> the bundles from deploy/bundles to local maven incl. minimal pom.
>>> Its suprisingly simple, builds are blazing fast (ant, local
>>> dependency
>>> resolution), so practically i would be find with keeping the ant
>>> based
>>> build.
>>> You really "forget" how fast and simple builds can be after years of
>>> maven ;)
>>
>> Maven support sounds great, Toni!
>
> Loving maven too but not religious about it and when it comes to
> faster builds
> your are probably right.. although I think the diff is marginal
> considering most
> is going into code checking and java doc generation anyway.

Compiling the whole codebase at once instead of bundle by bundle makes
a big difference in larger projects.

> The simple tweak to support deployment sound nice. Truely mavenizing
> this codebase would involve some work and IMHO it doesn't make sense
> to maintain two build frameworks. You can wrap both ways so I guess it
> should go either way based on consensus.

I agree, I don't want to maintain two build systems. Adding some
commands to the Ant based build system to deploy (snapshot) artifacts
into a maven repository sounds like a good solution.

Greetings, Marcel