accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accumulo 2.0 init error
Date Fri, 30 Aug 2019 19:41:13 GMT
On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 3:11 PM Roberts, Geoffry [USA]
<Roberts_Geoffry@bah.com> wrote:

> I am following the quickstart instructions.  When I get to accumulo init I get a ClassNotFoundException
on org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.  I have  ZOOKEEPER_HOME set in accumulo-env.sh and
it is correct. Both Zookeeper and Hadoop are running and the namenode is freshly formatted.

Do you mean these quickstart instructions?
https://accumulo.apache.org/quickstart-1.x/
Those instructions are specific to Accumulo 1.x; nobody has published
an updated set of instructions for 2.x yet

> Here’s my classpath and it looks  to me like Zk is present: /usr/local/accumulo-2.0.0/conf:/usr/local/accumulo-2.0.0/lib/*:/usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop:/usr/local/zookeeper/*:/usr/local/hadoop/share/hadoop/client/*

Without knowing the contents of those directories, it's hard to say,
but it looks reasonable to me. How and where are you setting this
class path? From the error below, it looks like it's still not picking
up ZooKeeper. It could be a file permissions issue... maybe the
process running 'init' doesn't have permission to read or traverse
/usr/local/zookeeper?

> Is there anything else?
>

> The error:
>

> 2019-08-30 14:50:01,377 [start.Main] ERROR: Uncaught exception
>
> java.util.ServiceConfigurationError: org.apache.accumulo.start.spi.KeywordExecutable:
Provider org.apache.accumulo.server.init.Initialize could not be instantiated