I was un familiar with fluo. Its notifications might be what I need.

Thanks

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 1:31 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Josh Elser <elserj@apache.org> wrote:
> Accumulo doesn't provide any mechanism to build a traditional trigger like a
> traditional RDBMS or HBase. Can you share more details about what exactly
> you want this trigger to do? It's possible we can suggest an alternate
> approach which would fit naturally.
>
> If your trigger is causing other updates to Accumulo or creating some remote
> I/O operation, the general recommendation would be to handle this at a
> higher-level instead of in Accumulo itself. For generating "follow-on"
> updates in Accumulo from a single update, Apache Fluo is a good starting
> point. There are many other tools which you could use to build your own kind
> of system, but this is very dependent on your actual requirements.

Fluo is a good solution if you would like to join existing data with
new data and update a query table based on the results of the joins.
If no joins are required, something like Kafka may be a good solution.
Insert new data into Kafka and have a consumer group that inserts into
Accumulo.  Have other consumer groups for the actions you want to
Accumulo triggers to take.