accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Coleman" <d...@etcoleman.com>
Subject RE: Major Compactions
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 02:39:27 GMT
I’ve needed to use the compaction cancel command – it did stop new compactions that were
queued from starting – compactions that were running needed will still run to completion
complete.

Or as Mike said – you can use fate fail txid (you need to stop the masters so your shell
can get the master lock) to delete the compaction outright if you absolutely cannot wait.

Ed Coleman

From: Michael Wall [mailto:mjwall@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 9:19 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Major Compactions

Hi Jeff

I don't have the docs in front of m but there is a cancel for compactions.  I have never had
much success with that though

A little more complex you could try deleting the fate transaction.  It will require you stop
the master.

Hope that helps.

Mike

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017, 20:01 Jeff Downton <jdownton@phemi.com <mailto:jdownton@phemi.com>
> wrote:

Hi All,

Is it possible to stop a major compaction once it has begun (Accumulo 1.7.0)?

Manually kicked one off on a table containing ~20k tablets,  which subsequently queued up
~20k major compactions (I'm assuming one for each tablet in the table).

It's running slower than I'd like so I'm looking to defer running it till another time.  The
purpose for the major compaction is to permanently remove deleted key-value pairs in the table.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Jeff