accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos ticket renewal
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 01:59:04 GMT
No, you are (likely) not running into ACCUMULO-4069. What you've
described sounds like your client's ticket expired. Accumulo does not
spawn any ticket renewal on the behalf of clients.

Hadoop's UGI code will automatically spawn a renewal thread when you
log in using a ticket cache. This does not happen automatically when
you use a keytab (I have no explanation as to why this is). This is
the most likely cause of your error and something you need to correct
in your application (spawn a thread to renew your application's
ticket).

If you are using MapReduce, you have yet another layer of indirection
with DelegationTokens, but that's probably not what you're seeing (as
DelegationTokens don't actually have a Kerberos TGT).