accumulo-user mailing list archives

From o haya <oh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Modifying VisibilityEvaluator - Problem with Classpath for scanner
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:54:04 GMT
Hi,

Thanks.

I was asking on the other reply about trying to get output from my JARs.

The reason I was asking that is that I have a suspicion that the not found errors I am seeing
may be kind of false indication of what is wrong, i.e., there is some other error or errors,
but I am not seeing the output from my JARs, so those errors are hidden, but the not found
errors I am seeing is the "visible" output.

On Mon, 7/31/17, ivan bella <ivan@ivan.bella.name> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Modifying VisibilityEvaluator - Problem with Classpath for scanner
 To: "o haya" <ohaya@yahoo.com>, user@accumulo.apache.org
 Date: Monday, July 31, 2017, 10:42 AM

 Jim,
   All on one machine implies that you
 only have one $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/ext directory.  It would
 not matter if you are running multiple tservers on that
 machine.  As Mike suggested, using
 $ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/accumulo classpath would help eliminate
 whether this is a classpath issue vs a class initialization
 issue.  Another possible source of issues would be if you
 have multiple of the same class on the classpath (different
 jars with the same class).
 Regards,

 Ivan

 On July 31, 2017 at 10:30 AM
 o haya <ohaya@yahoo.com> wrote:Hi
 Ivan,My Accumulo configuration is with everything on
 a single machine. Would that matter (would I have more than
 one tserver?)?My situation is like
 "whack-a-mole" (that's the game where you hit
 a mole with a hammer and another one pops up). What I mean
 is it seems like I restart Accumulo (bin/stop-all.sh then
 bin/start-all.sh) and one time I get one class that is not
 found, then the next time it seems like a different class is
 not found. Really frustrating.So far, as I said, I
 have put the JARs in lib/ext AND added them to the
 accumulo-site.xml :(... I gave up last night and shut all
 down and will try again later today.Thanks,
 On Mon, 7/31/17, ivan bella