accumulo-user mailing list archives

From James Srinivasan <james.sriniva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClientConfiguration using Kerberos & MapReduce
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 19:54:03 GMT
[snip]
>> Fortunately I found this:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/master/accumulo-handler/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/accumulo/mr/HiveAccumuloTableInputFormat.java
>>
>> Is it a good example of Accumulo + MapReduce that I can copy?
> That one is definitely over-kill. There's a bit of reflection in there to
> work around older versions of Accumulo. However, it should be an example of
> something that does work with Kerberos authentication.
> Also, take note that Hive uses the InputFormat regardless of the execution
> engine (local, MapReduce, Tez, etc). There are some comments to that effect
> in the code. You can likely simplify those methods/blocks as well :)

Think those are two things I'll need to handle at some point anyways.
I think I'm setting all the AccumuloInputFormat statics correctly, and
see the DelegationToken in my job's and context's credentials.
However, my custom InputFormat's createRecordReader function needs to
connect to Accumulo to get some config. Am I right in thinking I need
to convert the Hadoop wrapped token (kind=ACCUMULO_AUTH_TOKEN) into an
Accumulo DelegationToken to create my connector? If so, how do I do
that?

Thanks very much,

James