accumulo-user mailing list archives

From o haya <oh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Master takes awhile to start after Accumulo start-all.sh run
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2017 02:57:22 GMT
Hi,

The period I was talking about was probably approximately a minute, but I think that you are
right that it's just the first startup and might be either HDFS or ZK startup and now what
I am working with it more (and restarting only the Accumulo server more), the delay is only
a few seconds before the tablet (I only have 1 in my test env) starts.

Thanks,
Jim

I think that you are right tha
On Thu, 5/25/17, Christopher <ctubbsii@apache.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Master takes awhile to start after Accumulo start-all.sh run
 To: user@accumulo.apache.org, "o haya" <ohaya@yahoo.com>
 Date: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 11:33 PM

 Hello,

 How long is
 "awhile"? A few seconds, tens of seconds,
 minutes?

 It could take some
 extra time in a virtualized environment, but it's hard
 to know exactly whether what you're seeing is normal or
 not, without knowing how many tablets your system has, how
 fast your networking is, what specs your nodes have, how
 many tablet servers you are running, and any number of other
 factors.

 If you're
 starting HDFS and ZK immediately prior to starting Accumulo,
 Accumulo may be waiting on those to finish starting first.
 You may see some indication of this in the Accumulo logs.

 The other thing is... it can
 take about 30 seconds for the ZooKeeper lock from a
 previously killed Master to disappear, if you're killing
 and restarting it.

 The
 shell may be able to start faster with the
 --disable-tab-completion option.

 On Thu, May
 25, 2017 at 10:04 PM o haya <ohaya@yahoo.com>