accumulo-user mailing list archives

From James Srinivasan <james.sriniva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ClientConfiguration using Kerberos & MapReduce
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 20:55:56 GMT
> [snip]
> ConfiguratorBase has no other overrides for setZookeeperInstance, so I
> don't see how this would ever work with Kerberos. It is marked as
> deprecated, which points me to AccumuloInputFormat, but I'm a little
> confused as to how this API relates to ConfiguratorBase.

So I'm now comparing (for example):

ConfiguratorBase.setConnectorInfo(classOf[AccumuloInputFormat], conf,
username, password)
(old API)

with

AbstractInputFormat.setConnectorInfo(new Job(conf), username, password)
(new API)

The difference is that the old API operates directly on the
Configuration and updates it in-place, whereas my way of calling the
new API seems to create a copy of the Configuration and leave the
original untouched. This leaves me with a problem of having to merge
the old and new Configurations - surely there must be a better way?

Thanks,

James