accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Master takes awhile to start after Accumulo start-all.sh run
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 15:35:41 GMT
On 5/25/17 10:03 PM, o haya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed the procedure on this page to stand up my test Accumulo 1.8.1 instance:
>
> https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-the-big-data-friendly-apache-accumulo-nosql-database-on-ubuntu-14-04
>
> Everything seems to be working correctly.  To startup, I:
>
> - Run /apps/hadoop/sbin/start-dfs.sh
> - Run /apps/zookeeper/bin/zkServer.sh start
> - Run /apps/accumulo/bin/start-all.sh
>
> The accumulo startup seems to run all right and I can get to the Accumulo website, but
the Master is not running.  If I wait awhile and check the website again, then everything
is running, including Master.

> Is it normal for the Master to take awhile to start running?  Is there something I can
do to get it to start faster?

> It seems like I cannot start the Accumulo shell until the Master is running...

Yes, this is expected. You need at least one Accumulo TabletServer
running to be able to use the Accumulo shell. This is because your
credentials are authenticated before control of the shell is returned to
you. If Accumulo isn't actually running, you can't launch the shell.