accumulo-user mailing list archives

From o haya <oh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Master takes awhile to start after Accumulo start-all.sh run
Date Fri, 26 May 2017 02:03:52 GMT
Hi,

I followed the procedure on this page to stand up my test Accumulo 1.8.1 instance:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-the-big-data-friendly-apache-accumulo-nosql-database-on-ubuntu-14-04

Everything seems to be working correctly.  To startup, I:

- Run /apps/hadoop/sbin/start-dfs.sh
- Run /apps/zookeeper/bin/zkServer.sh start
- Run /apps/accumulo/bin/start-all.sh

The accumulo startup seems to run all right and I can get to the Accumulo website, but the
Master is not running.  If I wait awhile and check the website again, then everything is running,
including Master.

Is it normal for the Master to take awhile to start running?  Is there something I can do
to get it to start faster?

It seems like I cannot start the Accumulo shell until the Master is running...

Thanks,
Jim