accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New accumulo instance with existed HDFS cluster
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 14:50:28 GMT
Lee -- it sounds like you want to take the data from an old Accumulo
cluster, install Accumulo on a new set of nodes, and then start the
new instance of Accumulo against the old installation?

If that's the case, this should be very painless. Just make sure that
the old instance is completely shut down before starting up the new
instance. Hostnames nor IPs should matter on your new nodes.
Functionally, Accumulo wouldn't know the difference between you adding
a few new TabletServers or adding N new TabletServers (as you're doing
here).