accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Boyd <db...@incadencecorp.com>
Subject Re: Batchscanner - error closing output stream because stream is closed
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:48:25 GMT
Josh:

    Thanks.  I am using 1.7.2.   That is why I asked about how to trace
back to a specific scan in
my code.   I agree this sounds like a race condition but I have multiple
batch scanners potentially happening
including some down inside Geomesa.   So figuring out from the trace
which scanner spawned the thread would
be helpful to generate an snippit.

On 4/19/17 1:43 PM, Josh Elser wrote:
> David --
>
> What version of Accumulo? Can you share a snippet of code (or,
> ideally, a executable example we can run) in which you're using the
> BatchScanner?
>
> Generally speaking, it appears that one of the BatchScanner threads
> was finished, trying to return the Thrift connection to the pool, but
> the underlying socket was already closed (assumably, by someone else).
> Sounds like a race condition, multiple close()'s happening perhaps.
>
> David Boyd wrote:
>> All:
>>
>> I am getting this stack trace periodically based on no pattern I can
>> determine from my application.
>>
>> Is this a message I should be worried about?
>>
>> What is a technique to trace this back to my code and the cause?
>>
>> Obviously something is closing things before the thread closes it.
>>

>>> 2017-04-19 12:33:53,423 | WARN | [batch scanner 19824- 8 looking up 1
>>> ranges at accumulodev:9997] | (TIOStreamTransport.java:112) - Error
>>> closing output stream.
>>> java.io.IOException: The stream is closed
>>> at
>>> org.apache.hadoop.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:118)
>>>

>>> at
>>> java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:82)
>>> at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:140)
>>> at java.io.FilterOutputStream.close(FilterOutputStream.java:158)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.thrift.transport.TIOStreamTransport.close(TIOStreamTransport.java:110)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.thrift.transport.TFramedTransport.close(TFramedTransport.java:89)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool$CachedTTransport.close(ThriftTransportPool.java:309)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool.returnTransport(ThriftTransportPool.java:571)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.core.rpc.ThriftUtil.returnClient(ThriftUtil.java:151)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.TabletServerBatchReaderIterator.doLookup(TabletServerBatchReaderIterator.java:686)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.TabletServerBatchReaderIterator$QueryTask.run(TabletServerBatchReaderIterator.java:349)

>>> at org.apache.htrace.wrappers.TraceRunnable.run(TraceRunnable.java:57)
>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

>>> at
>>> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.accumulo.fate.util.LoggingRunnable.run(LoggingRunnable.java:35)

========= mailto:dboyd@incadencecorp.com ============
David W. Boyd
VP,  Data Solutions
10432 Balls Ford, Suite 240
Manassas, VA 20109
office:   +1-703-552-2862
cell:     +1-703-402-7908
============== http://www.incadencecorp.com/ ============
ISO/IEC JTC1 WG9, editor ISO/IEC 20547 Big Data Reference Architecture
Chair ANSI/INCITS TC Big Data
Co-chair NIST Big Data Public Working Group Reference Architecture
First Robotic Mentor - FRC, FTC - www.iliterobotics.org
Board Member- USSTEM Foundation - www.usstem.org

and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and deleting the material from any computer.