accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Dave Marion <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: tserver.compaction.*.concurrent.max behavior in Accumulo 1.8.1
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 12:51:49 GMT
Can you explain more what you mean by "My problem is that both the minor and major compactions
do not overcome their default max values?" I have done some testing with 1.8.1 and specifically
modifying tserver.compaction.major.concurrent.max to a higher number and I have seen it take
effect.

> On March 23, 2017 at 7:54 AM Massimilian Mattetti <MASSIMIL@il.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     I am running some heavy ingestion process on a 3 nodes cluster of Accumulo 1.8.1,
using the following configuration:

>     table.compaction.minor.logs.threshold=10
>     table.durability=flush
>     table.file.max=30
>
>     tserver.wal.blocksize=2G
>     tserver.walog.max.size=4G
>     tserver.mutation.queue.max=2M
>     tserver.memory.maps.max=4G
>     tserver.compaction.minor.concurrent.max=50
>     tserver.compaction.major.concurrent.max=8
>
>     My problem is that both the minor and major compactions do not overcome their default
max values. I checked the config from the shell and it looks fine to me: