accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qonduit - secure web socket proxy for Accumulo
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:16:40 GMT
Thanks, Dave!

Dave Marion wrote:
> There is a WebSocketClientIT test in the test module to test access using the Java client.
I have implemented operations that get the Qonduit server version and an operation to run
an Accumulo Scanner. Both of these implementation are in the operations modules. An example
of creating/using a web socket from a web page exists in the Timely codebase[1]. For doing
this with Qonduit, the request and response objects need to be encoded/decoded with a CBOR
library (for which there are several).

> Regarding security, authentication is performed on the server side using whatever pluggable
modules are configured (basic auth, x509, etc). The transport is encrypted from the browser
to the Qonduit server using SSL (HTTPS / WSS).

> [1] https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/timely/blob/master/server/src/main/resources/webapp/index.html
>
>> On February 22, 2017 at 1:55 PM Josh Elser<josh.elser@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>

>> Neat. Thanks for sharing!
>>
>> Any examples to show how a client would use it?
>>
>> Regarding the security, does it encompass authentication and privacy
>> (encryption)? Any experience with certain implementations for the Spring
>> security modules (e.g. which ones you've tested to work)?
>>
>> Dave Marion wrote:
>>> I extracted the Netty web socket pipeline from Timely into it's own server process,
and modified it to support custom and pluggable server side logic, and request / response
objects. The readme has a little more information, to include how it's different than the
current proxy, it's located at https://github.com/NationalSecurityAgency/timely/tree/qonduit.

>>> For now the code is located in an orphan branch in the Timely GitHub project.
Someone suggested it might make sense as an Accumulo sub-project - let me know if there is
interest in that.