accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Status record lacked createdTime
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2017 18:40:54 GMT
Hey Adam,

Thanks for sharing this one.

Adam J. Shook wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> One of our clusters has been throwing a handful of replication errors
> from the status maker -- see below.  The WAL files in question to not
> belong to an active tserver -- some investigation in the code shows that
> the createdTime could not be written and these WALs will sit here until
> a created time is added.

Does that mean that you saw an exception when the mutation written to
accumulo.metadata that had the createTime failed? Or is the cause of why
that WAL didn't get this 'attribute' still unknown?

I think the kind of fix to make it dependent on the cause here. e.g. if
this is just a bug, a standalone tool to fix this case would be good.
However, if there's an inherent issue where this case might happen and
we can't guarantee the record was written (server failure), it might be
best to add some process to the master/gc to eventually add one (e.g. if
we see the wal has been hanging out in the state, add a createdTime
after ~12hrs)