accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Dave Marion <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Tablet count per table [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 14:51:15 GMT
You could use the JSR-223 feature of the shell. I whipped up the javascript, has not been tested,
but something like it should work. You can run it using the command:

script -e js -f /<script_location> -a table=<tableName>

Here is a script that counts files for a table. You could easily modify this to fetch a unique
colf from the metadata table for any given tablet and if you count based on that, then you
have the number of tablets.

importPackage(java.lang);
importPackage(java.util);
importPackage(org.apache.hadoop.io);
importPackage(org.apache.accumulo.core.data);
importPackage(org.apache.accumulo.core.security);

var tableId = connection.tableOperations().tableIdMap().get(table);
var auths = new Authorizations();
var scanner = connection.createScanner("accumulo.metadata", auths);
scanner.setRange(new Range(tableId+;", tableId+"<");
scanner.fetchColumnFamily(new Text("file"));

var iter = scanner.iterator();

var files = 0;
while (iter.hasNext()) {
   files = files + 1;