accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject Merging smaller/empty tablets [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 22:31:05 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

I have a table that has evolved to have 1.07T tablets and I fairly confident a large portion
of these are now empty or very small.  I'd like to merge smaller tablets and delete empty
tablets, is there a smart way to do this?

My thought was to query the metadata table for all tablets under a certain size for the table
and then merge these tablets.

Is the first number in thevalue the size of the tablet, ie

>  scan -b 1xk -e 1xk\xff -c file
1xk;34234 file:hdfs//name/accumulo/tables/1xk/t-er23423/M423432.rf []    213134,234234

Also, are there any side effects of this that I need to be aware of when doing this on a massive
table?

Thanks in advance,
Matt