accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Master server throw AccessControlException
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2016 09:00:00 GMT
The stack trace doesn't include anything from Accumulo, so it's not clear
where in the Accumulo code this occurred. Do you have the full stack trace?

In particular, it's not clear to me that there should be a directory called
failed/da at that location, nor is it clear why Accumulo would be trying to
check for the execute permission on it, unless it's trying to recurse into
a directory. There is one part of the code where, if the directory exists
when log recovery begins, it may try to do a recursive delete, but I can't
see how this location would have been created by Accumulo. If that is the
case, then it should be safe to manually delete this directory and its
contents. The failed marker should be a regular file, though, and should
not be a directory with another directory called "da" in it. So, I can't
see how this was even created, unless by an older version or another
program.

The only way I can see this occurring is if you recently did an upgrade,
while Accumulo had not yet finished outstanding log recoveries from a
previous shutdown, AND the previous version did something different than
1.7.2. If that was the case, then perhaps the older version could have
created this problematic directory. It seems unlikely, though... because
directories are usually not created without the execute bit... and the
error message looks like a directory missing that bit.

It's hard to know more without seeing the full stack trace with the
relevant accumulo methods included. It might also help to see the master
debug logs leading up to the error.