accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Massimilian Mattetti" <MASSI...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: use a single byte for split points
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 12:53:25 GMT
Ok, now I got how it works. Thank you.

Regards,
Max

From:   ivan bella <ivan@ivan.bella.name>
To:     user@accumulo.apache.org, Massimilian Mattetti/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
Date:   14/11/2016 14:41
Subject:        Re: use a single byte for split points

Just guessing here, but if your keys are uniformly distributed between 0
and NTS-1, then perhaps none of your keys are actually going into
(-inf,0].  The first byte of the key may be 0 but if you have anything
else in the key then it would fall into (0, 1].
On November 14, 2016 at 6:14 AM Massimilian Mattetti <MASSIMIL@il.ibm.com>