accumulo-user mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: how to reduce re-seeking rate?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2016 16:00:00 GMT
In one case, the tserver will send data back to the client when it fills its
buffer. When this happens, it's possible that the iterator could be torn
down and re-seeked to the last key returned. You could increase the size of
this buffer to see if that helps
(http://accumulo.apache.org/1.8/accumulo_user_manual.html#_table_scan_max_me
mory)

From: Massimilian Mattetti [mailto:MASSIMIL@il.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:37 AM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: how to reduce re-seeking rate?

Hi all,

I developed an iterator that pre-loads a set of results every time it jumps
to a new row. Checking the logs (by the way I am using log4j2 as logging
library, but it is not able to locate the log4j2.xml that is inside the
iterator jar, should I put it in a different place?) I noticed that Accumulo
is re-seeking after each key returned by my iterator. This is killing the
performance of my system, is there a way to reduce the rate in which
Accumulo kill and re-seek the iterators?
Thanks

Regards,

Massimiliano Mattetti