accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Net ColumnFamily Count
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 21:22:46 GMT
I would like to inject some hesitation here. This is getting into what
I'd call "advance Accumulo development".

I'd encourage you to benchmark the simple implementation (bring back the
columns you want to count to the client, and perform the summation
there) and see if that runs in an acceptable amount of time.

Creating a "pivot" table (where you move the column family from your
source table to the row of a new table) is fairly straightforward to do,
but you will run into problems in keeping both tables in sync with each
other. :)