accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EXT :Re: 1.7 native library performance boost
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:04:05 GMT
Ok, so the mention of using both 1.6 and 1.7 is what is confusing me.
Yes, both versions of the software should equally benefit from using the
Native library for live ingest.

The Native Maps are going to benefit the write-path significantly more
than the read-path. Is Rya maybe doing bulk-loads (creating Accumulo files)?

Brown, Scott M (IS) wrote:
> We're testing identical systems, one with 1.6, and one with 1.7 since it was mentioned
(and I can't find the link again) that using the native library instead of java library gave
the gain.. we are testing my performing a large rya ingest thru accumulo, and also using Rya
Webview and retrieving large queries.. the ingest is ~90 min, so a good run, and the query
is ~20k record return.

seeing for each scenario you're testing?

> Brown, Scott M (IS) wrote:
>> So with 1.7, we noticed the statement that utilizing the native library can add up
to 40% performance increase.  With two identical systems, one with 1.6 one with 1.7, we're
not seeing any notable difference at all with either queries or large ingests.