accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.7 native library performance boost
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:04:27 GMT
See tserver.total.mutation.queue.max=50M (default)

Previously, the amount of memory used by a tabletserver with concurrent
write requests could exceed this value (as the configuration was per
write session instead of per tabletserver).

You can also try setting the table's durability from sync to flush which
will have a large increase in performance. Additionally, you can disable
GZ compression for the table.

dlmarion@comcast.net wrote:
> I don't remember seeing anything about native library performance improvement, but I
do know that there has been talk of a performance regression in Accumulo 1.7.0 using the default
configuration. I don't remember the specific details off-hand, but it had something to do
with the default value of a property changing.