accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Extacting ALL Data using multiple java processes
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2016 03:59:27 GMT
There should be a static setRanges(Configuration, Collection<Range>)
method somewhere in the type hierarchy of AccumuloInputFormat which lets
you specify the Range[s].

Not using the TimestampFilter (not being able to use the timestamp for
this filtering), you have two options to perform row-filtering based on
the value for a column.

1) Perform the filter on the client side. If you have significant
amounts of data, this will be slow. Even with MapReduce, this may
present a significant overhead in processing.

2) Implement a custom Accumulo Iterator which can perform this filtering
in Accumulo itself. I would recommend using the WholeRowIterator in
conjunction with this filter you would implement.

At a high level, configure the WholeRowIterator to aggregate all of the
Keys in one row into a single Key-Value pair. Then, implement and
configure a custom Iterator (ideally, extend the abstract Filter
iterator) which deserializes that single key-value pair back into many,
extract the createdDate column, and make a decision as to whether or not
the row should be returned to the client.

On the client, you would then unpack the serialized row into many
key-value pairs again.