accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Coleman" <d...@etcoleman.com>
Subject RE: How can I remove or fix a hanging droptable in Accumulo?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 23:57:35 GMT
This is a brute force approach and should only done as a last resort.  Sometimes bouncing the
master(s) helps – make sure all of stopped, not just failed over to another instance., but
it sounds like you have tried that.

You may be able to force it by manually editing zookeeper  nodes using zkCli.sh You are editing
zookeeper so make sure you have the correct table id and path(s)

Add permission to write in zookeeper using:

zkCli> addauth digest accumulo:YOUR_SECRET

Under /accumulo/INSTANCE_ID/tables/TABLE_ID/state (going from memory, could be fate) you can
use examine the state

zkCli> ls /accumulo/INSTANCE_ID/tables/TABLE_ID/

there should be mutlple zk nodes, one of which is state (or maybe fate?)

zkCli> get /accumulo/INSTANCE_ID/tables/TABLE_ID/state

– it should say DELETING.

zkCli> set /accumulo/INSTANCE_ID/tables/TABLE_ID/state  ONLINE

This will force the table back online. After all tablets are accounted for in the monitor
you should be able to re-issue the delete command via the accumulo shell.

Ed Coleman