accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how do I list user permissions per table
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 21:39:17 GMT
Currently, there's no single command to run to list permissions for a
particular table.
However, you can iterate through the users, and get the list of table
permissions per user.

I did something like:

TABLENAME=trace
for x in $(bin/accumulo shell -u root -p "$PASS" -e users | grep -v
"^$(date +%Y)"; do
  output=$(bin/accumulo shell -u root -p "$PASS" -e "userpermissions -u $x"
| fgrep "($TABLENAME)")
  if [[ $? -eq 0 ]]; then
    echo "$x has $output"
  fi
done

The "grep -v" was to filter out the timestamped log4j messages. That may or
may not be necessary for you, depending on your client's log4j
configuration.

Hope that helps.