accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing Column Values in Accumulo
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2016 05:33:42 GMT
Hi Yamini,

You're right that a filter would have to exhaustively search a table to
find all rows that contain a certain family and qualifier. If you
explicitly know the rows that you want to search, this is a fast operation.

Have you considered creating an inverted index? This would be a table
that you have to maintain on your own. Accumulo does not provide
automatic index generation.

- Josh