accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Orphaned FATE Locks [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 02:20:46 GMT
Ah, this would be why I deferred to Keith. I apparently am not as
knowledgable as I thought :)

I'll try to catch him in IRC tmrw and see if we can get you an answer.
Otherwise, I'll have to go digging into code to try to figure out an answer.

Dickson, Matt MR wrote:
> UNOFFICIAL
>

> In Zookeeper there don't appear to be any locks with the same txid that is listed via
Accumulo.  However under /accumulo/xxxxxxxx/table_locks/+default/ there are the same number
of files as orphaned locks labelled 'lock-000000xx', are these the locks I can delete?

> I should note that while investigating this there were no other fate transactions being
listed by Accumulo for this table, +default, so the system was in a stable state.

get removed is something else we would want to look into.

> It sounds like these transactions are just vestigial (not actually running), so I wouldn't
think that they would affect current bulk loads.

> I believe you could just stop the Master and remove the corresponding nodes in ZooKeeper
(as that's where the txns are stored and `fate print` is reading from), but I would defer
to Keith for confirmation first :)