accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Renaming hosts in Accumulo cluster?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 22:04:26 GMT
Hi Dima,

This really comes down to the Namenode's FQDN being renamed, not the
rest of the Accumulo nodes.

Accumulo stores full URI's to files (e.g.
hdfs://nn:8020/accumulo/../foo.rf) which is why this is an issue.
Suddenly, Accumulo can't find any of the files in HDFS.

You can use instance.volumes.replacements in accumulo-site.xml to handle
the rename automatically.
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.7/accumulo_user_manual#_migrating_accumulo_from_non_ha_namenode_to_ha_namenode

has a concrete example of this in practice (moving from a single NN to a
HA nameservice).

- Josh