accumulo-user mailing list archives

From dlmar...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Get accumulo monitoring stats via java code
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 12:27:54 GMT
The internal metrics are exposed via JMX. You could connect to each server and pull the metrics.
Or, you could use the Hadoop Metrics2 framework and push the metrics to some listening service.
If you choose the latter route, then you can configure Hadoop also and get its metrics. An
example of configuring the Metrics2 framework for Hadoop and Accumulo can be found in the
Timely docs[1]. You should be able to find a list of the Metrics sink classes in the Hadoop
documentation.

[1] https://nationalsecurityagency.github.io/timely/docs/?http#collecting-metrics-from-hadoop-and-accumulo

----- Original Message -----

From: "vaibhav thapliyal" <vaibhav.thapliyal.91@gmail.com>
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:02:34 AM
Subject: Get accumulo monitoring stats via java code

Dear all,
I'm trying to visualize accumulo metrics on a Kibana dashboard so that analysis can be performed
on them. For that I need to index the individual metrics in an elastic-search index. Can you
please tell me how can I get these metrics through java code/api? If not through the public
api then can you point me towards the classes in accumulo source code so that I could use
those.

Thanks
Vaibhav