accumulo-user mailing list archives

From <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: how do I list user permissions per table
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2016 21:43:21 GMT
You can also use the admin dumpConfig command to dump all of the configuration information,
then look at the user permission files.

From: Christopher [mailto:ctubbsii@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 5:39 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: how do I list user permissions per table

Currently, there's no single command to run to list permissions for a particular table.
However, you can iterate through the users, and get the list of table permissions per user.

I did something like:

TABLENAME=trace
for x in $(bin/accumulo shell -u root -p "$PASS" -e users | grep -v "^$(date +%Y)"; do
  output=$(bin/accumulo shell -u root -p "$PASS" -e "userpermissions -u $x" | fgrep "($TABLENAME)")
  if [[ $? -eq 0 ]]; then
    echo "$x has $output"
  fi
done

The "grep -v" was to filter out the timestamped log4j messages. That may or may not be necessary
for you, depending on your client's log4j configuration.

Hope that helps.