accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Michael Wall <mjw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hard reboot... can not start accumulo
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 16:16:22 GMT
Ok, great.  One node.  In a production cluster, services are distributed
onto many nodes, so a random reboot has less impact.  In your case, a
reboot means everything will die at the same time.  Let's try this.

-  Get to a good state and insert some data into accumulo.  Create table,
and run the insert command.  Then call flush from the shell to persist the
data to disk.
-  Scan the metadata table to see where the files are located in hdfs.
Maybe even hdfs df ls to see the files
-  Reboot the VM
-  Start up hdfs and zookeeper.  Look for you files in hdfs.  Assuming they
are there, start up Accumulo
-  Where do you see "Waiting for accumulo to be initialized"
-  Go to the accumulo monitor webpage, something like http://localhost:50095.
Click on the recent logs and let's see what accumulo is saying.
-  Log files will be $ACCUMULO_HOME/logs unless you reconfigured.  There
should be log for the master process.  What does that show?