accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Cho <kcho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hard reboot... can not start accumulo
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 16:05:30 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thanks for helping.
- What versions are you using?
Accumulo  1.7.2
Hadoop 2.7.2
ZooKeeper 3.4.8

- By reboot, do you mean rebooted the box?  How many nodes in your
cluster?
Just a single box.  Single node.

- How did you determine the init was successful?
I just run the 'accumulo init' after removing the /accumulo directory in
hdfs.  Then I can start/stop the accumulo w/o any issue.  It's only when I
start again after hard VM reboot.

- What is currently happening on the master?
I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm very new to accumulo.

- What messages are showing up on the monitor?
I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm very new to accumulo.

- Can you send logs and jstacks?
I'm not sure how to answer this. I'm very new to accumulo.

I just freshed installed those versions above on Ubuntu 14.04.  I've
reinstalled it couple of times and still had the same result.  It seems
unless I execute stop-all.sh before reboot, I'm not able to start accumulo
again after the reboot.