accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Scott M (IS)" <Scott.Bro...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: EXT :Re: cannot get accumulo 1.6.2 and later to resolve classpaths
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 18:00:30 GMT
Yes I only sent the one set from 1.6.2 that doesn’t work.. I can paste the 2 files from 1.6.1
that will resolve if you want them, let me know, glad to do it.

I'm downloading the yum install packages from Cloudera now, I'll install and look at the conf
files and see how general_classpath is set.  The setting is looking in the correct paths for
commons-io, as both /usr/lib/Hadoop and /usr/lib/Hadoop/lib are defined in there, so its like
you referred to, the setting of classpath has changed from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2+

Could you clarify this " but I wouldn't expect a deployment with these configs to work."?
 If there is a bug in the way classpath works after 1.6.1, would it not have a workaround
or fix?

Typically this has always been minimal setup, and init works, but there seems to be a difference
in 1.6.2+

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Busbey [mailto:busbey@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 11:53 AM
To: Accumulo User List
Subject: Re: EXT :Re: cannot get accumulo 1.6.2 and later to resolve classpaths

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Brown, Scott M (IS) <Scott.Brown8@ngc.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean, thanks for the fast response!
>
> I'm downloading the files from
> https://archive.apache.org/dist/accumulo/  for example, this package
> name accumulo-1.6.2-bin.tar.gz
>
> I'm hoping the pastebin location is http://pastebin.com/c2xSP5dL

This is only a single set of conf files. Does ACCUMULO_CONF point to these files under the
1.6.2 ACCUMULO_HOME in all cases? Or does it point to the conf/ dir within the 1.6.1 installation
when you update ACCUMULO_HOME to point there?

> Commons-io is under the following:
> [root@cmtest ~]# find / -name commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/client/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/parquet/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
>
> Commons-logging is under the same paths.
>
> Im not sure what to set to resolve this, as when we install 1.6.0 we do not set CLASSPATH,
or LD_LIBRARY_LD.. we also have contact with a site that is running 1.6.4, without those set,
but they may get their code from apache directly (special).

The settings for the property "general.classpaths" in the pasted accumulo-site.xml are not
correct for running on top of a packages installation of CDH5 (which is what I'm guessing
you are doing based on the output of the find command and your stated Hadoop version).

You should start by looking at the example configuration files that Cloudera publishes for
"CDH5_packages". You'll need to download their packaging of Accumulo to extract them. If you
have difficulty using those configs, you should ask about them on the vendor's support forum
(community.cloudera.com presuming you are looking for the "community"
edition). Keep in mind that you'll be asking about using them with a packaging of Accumulo
that vendor doesn't support, so help might be limited.

I don't see what here would cause the move from 1.6.0 / 1.6.1 to 1.6.2 to make a difference
in working. I haven't gotten to dig in to see if maybe we do different things when loading
the classpath command, but I wouldn't expect a deployment with these configs to work.

--
busbey