accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: EXT :Re: cannot get accumulo 1.6.2 and later to resolve classpaths
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 16:52:54 GMT
On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Brown, Scott M (IS)
<Scott.Brown8@ngc.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean, thanks for the fast response!
>
> I'm downloading the files from https://archive.apache.org/dist/accumulo/  for example,
this package name accumulo-1.6.2-bin.tar.gz

> I'm hoping the pastebin location is http://pastebin.com/c2xSP5dL

This is only a single set of conf files. Does ACCUMULO_CONF point to
these files under the 1.6.2 ACCUMULO_HOME in all cases? Or does it
point to the conf/ dir within the 1.6.1 installation when you update
ACCUMULO_HOME to point there?

> Commons-io is under the following:
> [root@cmtest ~]# find / -name commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-hdfs/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-0.20-mapreduce/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/client/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop/client-0.20/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-mapreduce/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/hadoop-yarn/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
> /usr/lib/parquet/lib/commons-io-2.4.jar
>
> Commons-logging is under the same paths.
>
> Im not sure what to set to resolve this, as when we install 1.6.0 we do not set CLASSPATH,
or LD_LIBRARY_LD.. we also have contact with a site that is running 1.6.4, without those set,
but they may get their code from apache directly (special).

The settings for the property "general.classpaths" in the pasted
accumulo-site.xml are not correct for running on top of a packages
installation of CDH5 (which is what I'm guessing you are doing based
on the output of the find command and your stated Hadoop version).

You should start by looking at the example configuration files that
Cloudera publishes for "CDH5_packages". You'll need to download their
packaging of Accumulo to extract them. If you have difficulty using
those configs, you should ask about them on the vendor's support forum
(community.cloudera.com presuming you are looking for the "community"
edition). Keep in mind that you'll be asking about using them with a
packaging of Accumulo that vendor doesn't support, so help might be
limited.

I don't see what here would cause the move from 1.6.0 / 1.6.1 to 1.6.2
to make a difference in working. I haven't gotten to dig in to see if
maybe we do different things when loading the classpath command, but I
wouldn't expect a deployment with these configs to work.

--
busbey