accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: EXT :Re: cannot get accumulo 1.6.2 and later to resolve classpaths
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2016 06:29:18 GMT
They're commented out because you should only include the paths that
correspond to a single hadoop installation. The earlier example was
likely to lead folks astray by including two.

Glad to hear you got past your immediate problem, but I'd strongly
recommend you look at using the CDH5-specific general classpaths value
if you're going to run on top of CDH5.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Brown, Scott M (IS)
<Scott.Brown8@ngc.com> wrote:
> Uncommenting the needed paths got me past that.. I have no idea why they would be commented,
but that solved it, thanks!

from 1.6.1 that will resolve if you want them, let me know, glad to do it.

> Yes, please include the configs you are using in both cases.
>
>> I'm downloading the yum install packages from Cloudera now, I'll
>> install and look at the conf files and see how general_classpath is
>> set.  The setting is looking in the correct paths for commons-io, as
>> both /usr/lib/Hadoop and /usr/lib/Hadoop/lib are defined in there, so
>> its like you referred to, the setting of classpath has changed from
>> 1.6.1 to 1.6.2+
>>

> The configs you posted from the 1.6.2 home do not include the /usr/lib/hadoop and /usr/lib/hadoop/lib
directories. Those paths are in a commented out example for HDP2.0. The only un-commented
out hadoop set is the Hadoop 2 based on the packaging that Apache Hadoop itself does for their
convenience binary tarballs. Those paths don't work on CDH.

>> Could you clarify this " but I wouldn't expect a deployment with these configs to
work."?  If there is a bug in the way classpath works after 1.6.1, would it not have a workaround
or fix?

> As mentioned above, the config that was posted on pastebin doesn't contain a path to
the jars Accumulo needs in a CDH installation. So even if a particular command like "classpath"
works, I wouldn't expect a cluster deployment based on it to be production worthy.

>> Typically this has always been minimal setup, and init works, but
>> there seems to be a difference in 1.6.2+
>

> The example configs that ship with Accumulo are just examples. As mentioned in them,
you have to customize them to your environment (such as the zookeeper quorum). The classpath
config will vary greatly depending on what you're using to satisfy your runtime dependencies,
since Hadoop locations on disk a different for different packaging options (and some folks
would rather avoid getting them from Hadoop entirely).

> I believe in 1.6.1 the example configs contained both the hadoop 2 packaging from the
Hadoop PMC and the HDP 2.0 layout. That's probably why it happened to work.

--
busbey