accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no visibility parameter in TableOperations
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 23:49:12 GMT
Hi Jayesh,

deleteRows(...) is a tablet-level operation, instead of issuing updates (deletes, in this
case) to specific "cells" of the table. Entire portions of the tablets are dropped. deleteRows()
can be very efficient to delete a large contiguous portion of your table. If you need to selectively
delete a certain cell (key-value pair) based on the visibility, just use the putDelete() method
with a Mutation and the BatchWriter. The BatchDeleter is also an option if you haven't seen
it yet.

Does that make sense?