accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Brown, Scott M (IS)" <Scott.Bro...@ngc.com>
Subject cannot get accumulo 1.6.2 and later to resolve classpaths
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 14:20:33 GMT

We are attempting to upgrade our application stack which includes accumulo.
Currently we are running 1.6.0 but want to upgrade to at least 1.6.5.
After 1.6.1 we are running into unresolved library, commons-io.

The strange thing is, if I have $ACCUMULO_HOME set to point at version 1.6.1 or
1.6.0 I can resolve 'accumulo classpath' fine in versions 1.6.2 and later, and it will init.
 But if I
have $ACCUMULO_HOME set to 1.6.2 and later, I get the commons-io message
below.   Also I have ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR set to $ACCUMULO_HOME/conf.

So again, 1..6.2 and beyond will not pass 'accumulo classpath' without
$ACCUMULO HOME being set to 1.6.1 or 1.6.0.

Here is the commons-io error we receive.
Out setup is
Centos 6.5 base install
Hadoop version = 2.6.0-cdh5.7.1
Zookeeper 3.4.5
we do not have LD_LIBRARY_LD or CLASSPATH defined as we know a site that
has 1.6.5 running without those defined.

Appreciate any help as this is kinda strange and not finding much help on
it on Google.

[root@cmtest bin]# ./accumulo classpath
Uncaught exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at
        at
        at org.apache.accumulo.start.Main.main(Main.java:43)
org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
        at
org.apache.commons.vfs2.impl.DefaultFileSystemManager.<init>(DefaultFileSystemManager.java:120)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.vfs.AccumuloVFSClassLoader.generateVfs(AccumuloVFSClassLoader.java:245)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.vfs.AccumuloVFSClassLoader.getClassLoader(AccumuloVFSClassLoader.java:203)
        ... 5 more
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
        at
org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader$2.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:270)
        ... 8 more
Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/io/FileUtils
        at
org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.vfs.AccumuloVFSClassLoader.close(AccumuloVFSClassLoader.java:405)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.vfs.AccumuloVFSClassLoader$AccumuloVFSClassLoaderShutdownThread.run(AccumuloVFSClassLoader.java:73)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils
        at
org.apache.accumulo.start.classloader.AccumuloClassLoader$2.loadClass(AccumuloClassLoader.java:270)
        ... 3 more