accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Punnoose <rosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Accumulo Ingest JMX metric
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2016 13:28:59 GMT
I am using Accumulo 1.6.5 and trying to monitor ingest rates through JMX
endpoints. The ingest reported through JMX does not seem to match with the
ingest rates reported on the accumulo monitor. Looking at the source code,
I noticed that the TabletServerMBean is counting all the entries in memory
for online tablets on that TabletServer:

result += tablet.getNumEntriesInMemory()

Is this is a good metric to use for ingest rates? Just want a good way to
measure ingest rates as I change configurations and run the continuous
ingest.

Thanks!
Roshan