accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Feedback about techniques for tuning batch scanning for my problem
Date Mon, 23 May 2016 15:16:25 GMT
Mario

You could experiment with adjusting table.file.compress.blocksize[1] and
table.file.compress.blocksize.index[2].  Making the data block size smaller
will increase the files index size and may lower random seek times
depending on how much of the index fits in memory.  Adjusting the index
block size will control the depth of the index tree.   You can adjust these
settings, compact, and run "accumulo rfile-info" on a file to see
information about the index size, depth, and number of data blocks.  You
can also adjust the index[6] and data[5] cache size settings and turn
data[3] and index[4] caching on or off for your table.

[1]:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.7/accumulo_user_manual#_table_file_compress_blocksize
[2]:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.7/accumulo_user_manual#_table_file_compress_blocksize_index