accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Pastorelli <mario.pastore...@teralytics.ch>
Subject Re: Feedback about techniques for tuning batch scanning for my problem
Date Sat, 21 May 2016 17:14:53 GMT
Currently setting the number of threads to both the number of servers and
the number of cores yield to the similar performance for scanning with
BatchScanner. Thanks for the advice, I will try to use half of cores of
each machines on the cluster.

Anything else?

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 5:03 AM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's been a few years so I don't remember the specific property names. Set
> one thread count to the number of servers times the number of cores to
> start. Divide by .5 if spark is equally as active as  accumulo. Look in
> properties.java for the property names.
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Mario Pastorelli <
> mario.pastorelli@teralytics.ch> wrote:
>
>> Machines have 32 cores shared between Accumulo and Spark. Each machine
>> has 5 disks on which there is HDFS and that Accumulo can use. How many
>> threads I should used?
>>
>> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 3:49 PM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> How many cores are on your servers? There are several thread counts you
>>> can change. Even +1 thread per server counts at some point if you have
>>> enough servers in the cluster.

The
I'm