accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Boyd <db...@incadencecorp.com>
Subject tableOperations().create hangs
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 13:22:26 GMT
Hello:

     I have the following code in one of my methods:

if(!dbConnector.tableOperations().exists(coalesceTable)) {
                 System.err.println("creating table " + coalesceTable);
dbConnector.tableOperations().create(coalesceTable);
                 System.err.println("created table " + coalesceTable);
             }

The exists call works just fine.  If the table exists (e.g. I created it
from the accumulo shell)
the code moves on and writes to the table just fine.

If the table does not exist the create call is called and the entire
process hangs.

This same code works just fine using MiniAccumuloCluster in my junit test.

My accumlo is a single node 1.6.1 instance running in a separate VM on
my laptop.

I saw a similar thread
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/accumulo-dev/201310.mbox/%3C1382562693449-5858.post@n5.nabble.com%3E)
where the user set all the accumulo conf entries to the IP versus
localhost, but I had already done that.  I reverified that nothing in my
accumulo configuration
uses localhost.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
========= mailto:dboyd@incadencecorp.com ============
David W. Boyd

and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and deleting the material from any computer.