accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Mario Pastorelli <mario.pastore...@teralytics.ch>
Subject Re: Optimize Accumulo scan speed
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2016 16:47:05 GMT
I'm using a BatchScanner because I don't care about the order.

The sharding is indeed a good idea which I've already tested in the past.
The only problem that I've found with it is that there is no way to be sure
that the n ranges will be evenly distributed among the n machines. Tablets
are mapped to blocks and HDFS decides where to put them so you could end up
with two or more tablets of the same range but different shards put on the
same machine and disk.

Anyway, performance were better than not having sharding, so I will
reenable it and do some tests with the number of shards.