accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Hulbert <ahulb...@ccri.com>
Subject Re: Optimize Accumulo scan speed
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2016 15:25:03 GMT
Mario,

Are you using a Scanner or a BatchScanner?

One thing we did in the past with a geohash-based schema was to prefix a
shard ID in front of the geohash that allows you to involve all the
tservers in the scan. You'd multiply your ranges by the number of
tservers you have but if the client is not the bottleneck then it may
increase your throughput.

Andrew